Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The remaining.

I've decided to wrap up the conversation on the generations and the risks and advantages each one has in today's society.  I'm doing this to be free from the burden in my mind that I NEED to finnish it, My intention was to complete it, with 5 separate posts, that is no longer going to happen.  The problem when you set out on a journey like that is that you bind yourself to the idea that it's the thing you need to do.  When really I wanted to post on the two generations I have, and leave it there.  But thinking on it I made the decision that one post for 5 different age categories was better for this blog.  I was wrong.  The goal of this blog from the beginning was for me to share what was going on in my life, to share insight and hopefully wisdom.

Can I accomplish this in what Iw as wanting to do, yes but I a recently read a wise man write the words 'under that fat blog is a skinny one waiting to live the life it was called to.... edit edit edit.'  I say that because if I had continued with the path I was on, you would be reading 3 entries that would progress in length and stats and some information that served only to entertainment myself and those like me.  Seriously I was about 2000 words into a blog entry on my generation, with only one major point left to make.  I want to get across to you the main ideas in articulated form, not rambles and rants.

So here you are, the rest of this post will sum up what every generation needs and the struggles they face.


Have you ever entered a store and walked down the candy isle hoping to make it past with out catching a glimpse of your favorite sweet?  For me it's anything sour.  And I am not supposed to eat sugar in excess, so I walk down to the isle of the store where the dog food and bread is, circle back to grab the last minute bag of milk we forgot from the grocery store, and make my back out, because I am at times, very weak, and just one sour patch kid won't hurt too much.  How about this, you're driving or are a passenger in a car, when you approach a green light and notice a car creeping into the intersection.  The gut reaction is to yell at them and brace for a possible impact.  Then as you pass safely, you comment on how horrible they drive.

Maybe you have been to a major sporting event and looked around at the thousands of people whoa re there with you, pondering on where they are from, what they will return to, who loves them, who cares for their health.  Or you have been bullied or abused in some way, verbally, physically, emotionally, mentally.  And all you want to do is escape from it all, run from the pain and threat of more pain.  Only to find that you can't, not without facing the pain head on.

Why am I sharing these illustrations, because they link to the risks we live with every day and the opportunities we have in other peoples lives.  Every day we are faced with self control dilemma's, should I or shouldn't I?

We have the opening for anger, justified or not, and to protect ourselves from what could possibly happen.  We meet new people and realize that their lives are nothing like ours, or they could be incredibly similar.  And everyday we are faced with pain of some sort, whether a large amount or a sliver of hurt, it's there, for some more then others.

So what does it all mean, why should you care?  You should care because you are a person, you live and breathe amongst other persons, and regardless of how we try to tell ourselves, we are never really that alone.  If we are willing to reach out and if we are willing to return the outreached hand.

What every person of every generation needs, has never changed.  LOVE, we all want, need, crave, desire, long for, wait for, and cry for love.  Because in love we can find acceptance, inclusion, faith, hope, friendship, compassion, opportunity, new dreams, greater passion for life, desire to help others, a hand of care, answers.

In love there are so many good things, but there is also risk, healthy risk, the kind of risk that might turn out poorly at first but will allows you to grow so immensely that you wonder why the risk was taken earlier.

So why take so much space to say that we all need love, to be loved, to show love, to share love?  Because sometimes we hold on to everything else and forget to love others.  The man walking down the street with no where to sleep, no food, no shower.  The lady who has lost everything and just wants a hand to help her through the mess she is faced with.  The young boy who can't see past the word orphan.  The pregnant teenage girl who is ridiculed and hidden.  The family who doesn't look like you.  Or maybe the person next to you on the couch right now, love over shadows all, but you need to let it.  And every generation needs it, more then anything else, we need love.

You will see and hold many things in your life, but love is the greatest.

Popular Posts